- Your Government
- Departments A - O
- County Clerk
- Marriage Licenses
Complete the online marriage license form. (Fill it out and hit submit, it will be available when you arrive at the office.)
Guidelines & Office Procedures
- Marriage licenses are issued in the County Clerk's Office.
- The license is $50.00 payable by cash, credit or debit card (processing fee extra) or Henderson County Personal Check.
- The parties must provide government issued ID, drivers license (any state) or passport. Please note we will not accept expired identification.
- Both Parties shall appear together to review their information, take an oath and sign the license.
- The marriage ceremony must be performed in Kentucky withing 30 days of purchasing the license.
- There is no waiting period or blood test required prior to issuance of a marriage license.
- Current Status of parties (Single, Divorced, Annulled, Widowed)
- Date of Birth and Current Age
- Father's Name
- Mother's Name
- Name and Address
- Number of previous marriages
- Occupations of Bride and Groom
- Place of Birth (city and state)
- Race of parties
- Whether parties are related (First cousins are not permitted to marry in Kentucky)
- Applicants must be 18 years of age to marry in Kentucky.
- If either parties is under seventeen (17) years of age, no license shall be issued unless the party who is seventeen (17) year os age presents to the clerk a certified copy of a court order by a family court or District Court Judge that grants permission to marry and removes the party's disability of minority and at least fifteen (15) days have elapsed since the court order was granted.
- Do I need to make an appointment to get a marriage license?
- Do I need to make an appointment to have a marriage ceremony performed?
- Who may solemnize a marriage?
- Do ministers need to be bonded?
- If we are getting married in another state, where do we get the license?
- If we were married out of the country, do we need to register in your office?