Recycling & Solid Waste
Henderson County Recycling is open. Our drive through is open for drop off recycling. It is a free service to everyone county-wide.
Hours & Operation
You can bring your sorted residential and business recycling regardless if you live in the city or county. The hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. We are closed on all county holidays. Our location is:
398 Sam Ball Way
Henderson, KY 42420
Check us out on Facebook; volunteers are needed! We could use your help with our Trash Talk Litter Pick-ups and/or in our drive through drop off as a greeter / sorter. More info: Contact Nancy Watkins.
Tours & Field Trips
We now offer tours and field trips to individuals, schools, churches, and businesses. Schedule your tour today!
Partnerships & Business Relationships
Henderson County Recycling is no longer able to offer free business pick-up but we will take your business recycling if you are able to transport it to us. The recyclables we accept are remaining the same and please pre-sort.
Document shredding is now available! If you want to watch your documents being shred those hours are from 8-11 AM on Fridays, otherwise drop off your documents during normal business hours.
Hard Drive Destruction
Hard drive destruction is now available during normal business hours. *Hard drive must be removed from device*
The items that we accept are:
- Aluminum Cans
- Appliances (Freon Removed by EPA Approved Process Before It Comes to the Recycling Center and Line Cut or Your Appliance Will Be Refused)
- Cardboard and Mix Board (Cereal Boxes, Pop Boxes, Etc.)
- Electronics, including tv’s
- Glass Bottles (No Plate Glass, Windows or Doorframes)
- Lead Acid Batteries and Regular Household Batteries
- Magazines & Books (hardback and softback).
- Metal, Including Metal Cans. (No Tanks of Any Kind).
- Newspaper, Office Paper and Mail
- Plastic Bottles / Plastics Number 1 & Number 2 only. (No Styrofoam or grocery bags accepted)
- Tires (Residential Only)
- Used Oil Filters, Used Oil
No trash accepted!
We reserve the right to refuse questionable material.
Support Us & Help The Environment
The biggest thing everyone can do to help is bring us your recyclables. We need the community to rally behind us and support us. It takes everyone to do our part to keep recyclable items out of the landfill. Let’s be a part of the solution and continue to recycle in our community. Support your local recycling facility. Use it or lose it!
Be a part of the solution not pollution! Recycle it, dispose of it responsibly, or put it in the trash! In 2015 over 515,191 bags of litter on 170,478 miles of Kentucky roadways was picked up at a cost to all of us. For more information to the cost and reasons you should not litter please visit Kentucky Energy and Environment Cabinet’s website.
However, please take household garbage to the landfill.