Motor Vehicles

Motor Vehicle Licensing is the most frequently visited area of the County Clerk's office.

What do I need to bring to the County Clerk's office to renew my registration?

  • Last year's certificate of registration and proof of insurance. (If you do not have last year's registration, there will be an additional $3.00 fee for a duplicate.)
Additional Note:

All delinquent tax must be paid in order to complete the renewal.

Process to Apply for a Personalized Plate

  • Go to and select the plate style you want to personalize.
  • Check to see if your personalization is available
  • If available, you will submit an online pre-application to the Division of Motor Vehicle Licensing (MVL)
  • A committee withing MVL will approve or deny your reqeust
  • You will receive a letter from MVL notifying you if the request was approved or denied. If it is approved, you must bring the approval letter to the County Clerk's office, with the $25.00 application fee and the Application for personalized plate (TC96-342)

Previous year motor vehicle taxes

Check my Boat HIN (Hull Identification Number)